- Digital Pedagogy Lab Faculty (2020, 2021)
- Member, James Flack Norris Award Committee (January 2022 – present).
- Member, ACS SOCED Supporting Excellence in Education: Higher Education Subgroup (August 2021 – present).
- Councilor [Elected], ACS Division of Chemical Education (January 2021 – present).
- Social Media Subgroup Chair and Member, Biennial Conference Committee, ACS Division of Chemical Education (January 2017 – present)
- Member, Public Relations Committee, ACS Division of Chemical Education (March 2019 – present)
- Board Associate, Board of Publication, ACS Division of Chemical Education (April 2018 – August 2019)
- Chair, Strategic Task Force for Public Relations, ACS Division of Chemical Education (April 2017 – March 2019)
Journal of Chemical Education, Active 2009-present
Chemistry Education Research and Practice, Active 2018-present
National Meeting Service
- Disrupt Grading. Symposium organizer: ACS Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Summer 2022.
- Statistics in Chemical Education Research. Workshop: ACS Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Summer 2020 [BCCE 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19].
- Communicating Chemistry via Social Media. Joint symposium (virtual and in person) of RSC and ACS. Symposium organizer: ACS Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Summers 2018 and 2020 [BCCE 2020 cancelled due to COVID-19].
- Chemistry in the Age of Cheap Computing. Symposium organizer: 254th ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Fall 2017.
- Social networking in chemical education research (SNiCER): Using social media to communicate, teach and research in chemical education. Symposium organizer: ACS Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Summer 2016.
- Communicating Chemistry Through Social Media. Symposium organizer: 251st ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Spring 2016.
- Reviewer and accuracy checker, Learning Catalytics question sets, Pearson Higher Ed (2014-present)
- Accuracy checker, Introductory Chemistry [Corwin, 5th and 6th editions] and Introductory Chemistry’s Student Solutions Manual [Corwin, 6th edition] (5th: 2006 and 6th: 2009-2010)
- Reviewer, 35+ chapters within Introductory, General Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry texts (2003-present)
- (CNM) Faculty Advisor, CNM Chemistry Society (2014-2016).
- (CNM) Mediasite and YouTube video lectures used by all CNM chemistry faculty teaching online courses (2009-2017, although most continue to use through present)
- (CNM and UNM) Advised students, part time faculty, and tutors on techniques for learning chemistry concepts, teaching chemistry concepts, and studying/reviewing science. Advised students on course management, possible career tracks and overall progress as well.
- (CNM and UNM (for PT only)) Served as a full-time (FT) and part-time (PT) faculty mentor as well as an educational mentor for two NIH IRACDA/ASERT post-doctoral fellows, observing classes taught and offering formal and informal input into teaching techniques. Currently serving as an online instructor mentor for FT and PT instructors, which includes teaching those instructors Bb Learn (as well as other online programs) and helping them with course content.
- (UNM) Co-author and participant, Course Reform of Gateway STEM classes for General Chemistry I and II (2012-2014).
- (UNM) Liaison between CNM and UNM Chemistry departments (2012-present).
- (UNM) Co-investigator on an IRB proposal for the CHEM 120 (parachute) class (2012-2014)
Standing Committee Member
- Data Ethics Team (2021-present)
- Assessment Academy, including Faculty Work Group, Academy Core Team, and the Pilot Support Team (2021-present)
- IRB (2014-present)
- Digital Pedagogy Team (2018-2020)
- Mobile Instructional Technology Team (2014-2015)
- Mobile Applications (2014-2015)
- L Building Renovation committee (2013-2015)
- Distance Learning Advisory Committee (2011-2015)
- Distance Learning Bb Faculty Support Group (2011-2013)
- Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) Portfolio Committee and subcommittee (2012-2014)
- MSE Chairs Council (2007-2009)
- MSE Curriculum Committee (2007-2008)
- Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee (2004-2007)
Search Committee Chair
- FT hiring committees (2007 (3 hires), 2012 (1 hire), 2014 (1 hire))
Search Committee Member
- Dean (Math, Sciences, and Engineering] (2020)
- MSE Lab Supervisor (2007)
- Associate Dean [Health, Wellness, and Public Safety] (2011)
Ongoing Professional Development
- CNM Faculty Learning Group: Teaching as Reparative Practice (2021-present)
- Quality Matters Trainings and Peer Reviewer Certification (2011-2020), including Applying the QM Rubric (2018) and Peer Reviewer (2020) [here’s why I won’t complete the Master Reviewer Certification]
- NSF CAT Workshops (Spring 2014 and 2015)
- Invited Participant, NSF CAT (Critical Thinking Assessment Test) Scoring Workshop [NSF TUES 0404911, 0717654 and 1022789] (2014)
- Online Facilitator and Invited Participant, NSF DBER (Discipline-Based Education Research) Workshop [NSF DUE 1316636] (2013)
- Invited Participant, UNM MEMS (Micro Electrical Mechanical Systems) Workshop (2011)
- Invited Participant, NSF CCLI (Course, Curriculum, and Laboratory Improvement) Proposal Preparation Workshop [NSF DUE 0924269] (2009)
- Online Instructor Certification (2007)